Location and Directions
Camp Kawartha & the Kawartha Outdoor Education Centre
Nestled in the heart of the Kawarthas, on the shores of Clear Lake, Camp Kawartha’s main site has over 186 acres of beautiful land with trails, forests and wetlands, providing the opportunity for your group to explore the natural world and learn about the environment.
Location & Map
1010 Birchview Road
Douro-Dummer, ON K0L 2H0
Camp Kawartha’s main site is located 26 km (approximately 30 minutes) northeast of Peterborough off Highway 28 on the south shore of Clear Lake, at the intersection of Birchview Road & Camp Line Road (within the township of Douro-Dummer).
Camp Kawartha & Outdoor Education Centre
Services and Events
We encourage you to carpool where possible, as our parking lot is limited in space (approx 30-40 cars). Overflow parking available on Birchview Road (park on one side only).
Please contact us if you are interested in touring our facilities. Tours can be arranged during regular business hours Monday-Friday, 9 am – 5 pm and must be accompanied by one of our staff when school groups are onsite.
We do not conduct tours on weekends when groups are renting our facilities in order to respect their privacy.
- Kawartha Chamber of Commerce & Tourism – directory of chamber members in Curve Lake First Nation and the municipalities of Douro-Dummer, North Kawartha, Selwyn & Trent Lakes.
- Peterborough Area Taxi Services: Capital Taxi, Call-a-Cab
- Go Transit Bus – nearest station is at 190 Simcoe St, Peterborough, ON
- Greyhound Bus – nearest station is at 220 Simcoe St, Peterborough, ON
- VIA Rail – nearest train station is at 563 Division St, Cobourg, ON
- Pearson International Airport – major airport in Toronto, ON