We strive to provide a rich and wonderful camping experience for all campers. We want your child to have a safe and happy time while at Camp Kawartha. Below, please find information to help prepare your kid for his or her arrival and stay at camp.
Have you submitted your child(ren)’s Health Form? To see what paperwork must be completed before your child comes to camp, please review our Registration Forms Checklist
Camper Code of Conduct
- Be sure to review our Camper Code of Conduct policies thoroughly with your children before arriving at camp.
Pre-Camp Head Lice Check
Be sure to do a head lice check at home prior to arrival. Children found to have head lice on arrival will not be allowed to enter camp until the matter has been resolved. Please review this Pre-Camp Head Lice Screening information sheet, provided by Lice Squad.
Packing Lists for Camp
- Packing List for CK Overnight (1-night) Camp
- Packing List for Overnight Campers
- What to Bring List for Day Campers
- Introduction Letter and Packing List for Day Camp (Peterborough)
Personalized Labels from Lovable Labels
Please visit http://www.kawartha.lovablelabels.ca to purchase Lovable Labels – a fun way to personally identify all your children’s belongings when they visit camp, including labels, stickers, bag tags, bracelets and books. 20% of all sales will go to support our ongoing activities. During checkout, be sure to indicate Camp Kawartha as the Fundraiser Name.
Arrival & Departure Info
- Directions & Maps – all overnight camp sessions take place at our main site on Clear Lake. For Day Camps, be sure to note the facility location of your child’s camp sessions.
- Arrival and Departure Times – if your child will be arriving late or needs to be picked up early, be sure to contact our administration office or let your cousellor know upon arrival
On arrival and departure days during summer camp, we will have a selection of Camp Kawartha branded T-shirts, Hoodies, and other souvenirs available for purchase. Check out our online Gift Store for available items and prices. All proceeds go to supporting programs for children.
Please refer to the article Preventing Homesickness written by our Executive Director and published in the Peterborough Kids Magazine.
Transportation to and from camp is the responsibility of parents and guardians. Here are some useful contacts:
- Nearest Go Transit Bus station is in Peterborough
- Nearest Greyhound Bus station is in Peterborough
- Nearest VIA Rail station is in Cobourg
- Nearest major airport is Pearson International Airport in Toronto
Summer Camp Survey
At the end of your camper’s session, please be sure to fill out our feedback survey. We value your comments and suggestions. We take what you have to say very seriously and will use your feedback as a way to modify and improve future camps.
Forms are in PDF format and require the free Adobe Reader to view PDF files. If you are unable to print any of the forms, we will gladly fax or mail them out to you upon request.