Most school visits are 2½ days in duration (Mon-Wed, or Wed-Fri).
Teachers typically select 3 programs from over 50 programs offered.
|Day One (Mon)||Day Two (Tues)||Day Three (Wed)|
|8:00am – Breakfast||8:00am – Breakfast|
|9:30am – Arrival
||9:30am – Program Period #2
||9:30am – Survival Game|
|12:00noon – Lunch||12:30pm – Lunch||12:00noon – Lunch|
|1:30 pm – Program Period #1
||1:45 pm – Program Period #3
||1:15pm – Departure|
|4:00pm – Recreation Time||4:15pm – Recreation Time|
|5:00pm – Dinner||5:00pm – Dinner|
|6:30pm – Teacher Led Program *||6:30pm – Teacher Led Program *|
|7:45pm – Campfire **||7:45 pm – Night Hike **|
Teacher Led Program *
Visiting teachers are also responsible for supervising a segment of the evening’s program, usually between supper and evening program (from 6:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.). This time spent with students can be very rewarding and numerous activities are possible.
Here are some of the programs teachers have taught in the past:
- journal writing
- a class game of volleyball, soccer, baseball
- arts and crafts
- co-op games
- preparation for campfire, e.g. skits
- nature walk
- team pictionary, charades
Evening Program **
The Camp Kawartha Outdoor Education Centre offers two evening programs:
1. Campfire: on the first night, your students will participate in a campfire program, complete with stories, songs and games around an outdoor fire (weather permitting).
2. Night Hike: the night hike is offered on the second night of your stay. Without the aid of a flashlight, students walk through open fields and forests, listening for the sounds of animals, and for other sounds of the night. Students follow scent trails, howl for coyotes and participate in a variety of games, stories and activities. Other evening programs may be available by special request. Please check with our staff.
Both the night-hike and campfire program begin at approximately 7:45pm. Please note, during our 2 ½ day Fur Trade Program, the Night Hike is offered on the first night and the Rendezvous/Campfire is offered on the second night.