We understand how important an intimate, private and romantic setting is to a successful wedding. At Camp Kawartha, we offer wedding planners and parties a truly unique and affordable experience for up to 125 people from September to mid June. You and your party will have exclusive use of the entire site, including our large event hall with a stone fireplace, a cozy meeting space with a wood stove, and winterized cabins.
Consider these benefits:
- Two sites in one: use the facility for both wedding ceremony and reception
- Enjoy an outdoor waterfront setting for your ceremony, with the reassurance of an indoor space as a backup
- Camp Kawartha is the perfect setting for a green eco-friendly wedding in an inspiring natural setting
- Cabin accommodations are available: enjoy the whole weekend together with family and friends
- We provide outstanding in-house catering, or if you prefer you may also bring your own caterer (please ensure your caterer is aware of our no-nut policy)
- Host a welcome party or rehearsal dinner
- Your weekend-long wedding celebration can be part family reunion, part mini-vacation, and loads of fun for everyone you care about
- Have a family barbeque luncheon on Saturday
- Spend time with your guests with activities such as cross-country skiing, nature walks, canoeing, or a game of basketball, volleyball, soccer or hockey
- Keep children and youth busy with cooperative games, wall climbing, arts & crafts, and a host of camp related activities
- Enjoy a relaxing evening campfire by the lake
- Say your good-byes to guests over brunch on Sunday morning
Booking a Green Wedding:
We encourage you to visit us in person, and see for yourself how special your wedding can be. To book a tour, contact Shawna in our admin office.
Proceeds from facility rentals at our centre support outdoor and environmental programs for children.
We really had an AMAZING weekend at the camp — it was the perfect place for our wedding reception. We are especially grateful to the staff present for the weekend, lifeguards & the kitchen staff. They were always pleasant and accommodating, and definitely helped make everything go so smoothly. Please pass along our thank yous to them!!
We got so many comments from our guests about how fabulous the venue is. My grandparents could relax in the director’s cabins, while the little kids played soccer on the lawn. We were able to transform the Dining & Rotary Halls with just a little decorating, and they really looked lovely. Our guests all found the cabins comfortable and quaint.
Thank you Rebecca (and also Karen) for answering all of our questions over the past year as we did all the planning.
It was an unforgettable weekend, and the perfect place to celebrate our marriage. I didn’t hurt that we got so lucky with the weather too!
All the best,
Your marvelous facility couldn’t have been more perfect for our wedding celebration needs. Not only did we appreciate the lovely location, we also greatly appreciated your trust and flexibility. Our friends and family loved it too. We’ll pass on the word of your great spot to all our soon-to-be-wed friends.
Having our wedding at Camp Kawartha was fantastic. Our guests came from far and wide so having everyone together in one place for the weekend gave us all quality time together. We had a camp fire by the lake on Friday night as our friends arrived and on Saturday morning we played a soccer match before the wedding. Some folks used the canoes and enjoyed swimming at their leisure. The wedding ceremony was beautiful with the birch trees and lake in the background. Working with the Camp Kawartha staff to organize the event was very pleasant; they were extremely helpful and flexible. I highly recommend the camp cook! She cooked the majority of the weekend meals and the spread was amazing; everyone loved the food. We ate all our meals together in the dining hall and everyone enjoyed the social time and campy feel. It was very convenient for those staying at the camp and people could sneak away to bed whenever they felt the urge. We ended the weekend with a Sunday brunch and one last dip in the lake. My only regret was not having enough time to explore the beautiful trails behind the camp. Many, many of our guests have since told us that our wedding was the best they have ever attended.