Nestled in the heart of the Kawarthas, on the shores of Clear Lake, our outdoor education centre (located at 1010 Birchview Road, Douro-Dummer, ON) offers a scenic and relaxing venue for your group’s next weekend retreat or team building program. Camp Kawartha has over 186 acres of beautiful land with trails, forests and wetlands, and 800 feet of waterfront. Our facility rentals offer the opportunity for your group to explore the natural world and learn about the environment are limitless.
Throughout the Fall, Winter & Spring (from Labour Day weekend in September to mid-June), we provide groups of 25-150 with exclusive use of our site and rental facilities for weekends.
Rent our Camp Facilities for:
- community & youth groups
- team building & leadership programs
- environmental conferences
- clubs – canoeing, kayaking, nature
- adult weekend retreats – yoga, spiritual, health/wellness, creativity (art, writing)
- green weddings and family reunions
- corporate retreats, meetings & workshops
- Snowshoeing, cross country skiing and other winter fun.
- Inspiring 1400 square foot straw bale “Rotary Hall” building with a wood stove, vaulted pine ceilings, couches and available projection screen
- Dining hall with stone fireplace, can comfortably hold up to 125 people for meals, using the adjacent Rotary hall as overflow if needed.
- Experienced chefs and state-of-the-art kitchen
- In-house catering using fresh local ingredients
- Two meeting rooms with tables, chairs and white boards
- Accommodations for up to 150 people in rustic, fully-winterized cabins. Central washroom building with private showers & toilets
- Outdoor amphitheatre / campfire circle overlooking Clear Lake
- Outdoor activity areas, including volleyball court, basketball court, playing field, waterfront with swimming and boating areas, archery range, climbing wall and high ropes
- Wireless internet access
Camp Kawartha is a registered non-profit charitable organization committed to environmental education and stewardship. When you choose Camp Kawartha, you are helping to support outdoor & environmental education programs for youth.