Kinder Day Camp #3
August 13 - August 17
Ages: 4 – 5, co-ed.
This five-day program introduces your child to the world of camp. Kinder Camp is both an introduction to summer camp and a kindergarten prep program. Our staff have cultivated a successful formula of fun and discovery in a residential camp setting.
Kinder Camp is led by our highly qualified staff including former staff members that have become teachers, educational assistants and early childhood educators. Our staff members are fun, nurturing and attentive to each camper’s individual needs. Campers will spend the week safely exploring and playing outdoors. By joining our day camp program, your child will be exposed to those early learning essentials of how to get along with others and to become excited about learning! Kinder Camp is the first step towards becoming life-long campers!
9:00 Arrival, meet at the basketball court
9:30 Co-operative and group games
10:45 Craft and theme day activities
12:30 Down time (quiet games, story time…)
1:15 Get ready for swim, bathroom, sunscreen
2:30 Nature Adventures with the Environmental Coordinator
3:30 Snack, pack up, check in, field games
Each day centres around a theme day which includes dressing up and programming opportunities. Theme days in the past have included, Pirate Day, All about me, Medieval Day and Superheroes.
A list of theme days along with other information will be shared with parents in a letter (to be e-mailed) in the week prior to your child’s arrival.
• Campers must be born in either 2013 or 2014 to participate in the camp for 2018.
• We have a maximum of 5 spots for children who have not yet turned 4 by of the first day of the Kinder Camp Session.
• Campers must be toilet trained (staff will assist campers when needed). Our trained staff will work with parents and children to ensure a smooth transition during drop-off.
• All day campers need to provide their own litterless, nut-free lunch***, including snacks for both of our morning and afternoon snack periods.
• Please have campers bring water bottles and sunscreen to stay SUN SAFE!
• Each day campers will need swimming gear for daily free-swim time!