1010 Birchview Road
Douro-Dummer, ON K0L 2H0
Note: we are still situated in the same location we’ve been since 1921, but Canada Post has changed our mailing address from Lakefield to Douro-Dummer to match our civic (911) address.
Camp Kawartha is located 26 km (approximately 30 minutes) northeast of Peterborough off Highway 28 on the south shore of Clear Lake, at the intersection of Birchview Road & Camp Line Road (within the township of Douro-Dummer).
Parking: We encourage you to carpool where possible, as our parking lot is limited in space (approx 30-40 cars). Overflow parking available on Birchview Road (park on one side only).
Accessibility: Partially Accessible – parking, main office, Rotary Hall & dining hall entrance, one cabin, and washroom building.
Please contact us if you are interested in touring our facilities. Tours can be arranged during regular business hours Monday-Friday, 9 am – 5 pm and must be accompanied by one of our staff when school groups are onsite. Be sure to follow our Facebook page for announcements of any open house or public events.
We do not conduct tours on weekends when groups are renting our facilities in order to respect their privacy.
Google Map Directions
Use the following to locate us with a GPS:
1010 Birchview Road
Or use the following coordinates:
Camp Kawartha’s main site at 1010 Birchview Road, Douro-Dummer, is approximately 15 minutes northeast of the town of Lakefield. While the camp itself is not on a public transportation route, the following transportation options will get you as far as Lakefield.
- Peterborough Area Taxi Services: Capital Taxi, Call-a-Cab
- Coach Canada – offers bus service between the Peterborough Bus Station & Lakefield Post Office
- Go Transit Bus – nearest station is at 190 Simcoe St, Peterborough, ON
- Greyhound Bus – nearest station is at 220 Simcoe St, Peterborough, ON
- VIA Rail – nearest train station is at 563 Division St, Cobourg, ON
- Pearson International Airport – major airport in Toronto, ON