Each summer we hire dedicated and enthusiastic staff who strive to create magical experiences for campers.
Camp Kawartha has operated as a summer camp since 1921. We have established an excellent reputation as a facility that provides a safe and supportive environment for children and teens aged 4 to 17. To maintain our reputation, we are seeking staff members who are willing to work together as a team to achieve the high level of excellence expected by our campers.
We are a small camp that delivers a variety of programs and lessons. Our counselors return each year because of the fun, satisfaction and warm friendships from the year before. Join our team and feel the rewards of working where children, adventure and nature are the priorities.
We actively seek staff members that hope to work with children professionally.
Current Job Openings for Summer 2017
- Cook Team Leader
- Male Counselors (see Summer Job Descriptions)
- Trippers (see Summer Job Descriptions)
Summer 2017 Information
Please read the letter before filling out and returning the application.
- List of Summer Job Positions
- Summer Job Descriptions
- Summer Employment Schedule
- Camp from a Counsellors Viewpoint
Contact: Adam Strasberg, Summer Camp Director
Thank you for your interest in working at Camp Kawartha. Due to the high percentage of returning counselors each year, we are not able to respond to all applicants, therefore only those who are being interviewed will be contacted.
Police Vulnerable Sector Checks
All staff and volunteers must have a current & clear Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Check.
MyBackCheck – may be used to obtain a criminal record check for staff & volunteers ages 18-24 as directed by our insurance company.
Staff/Volunteers ages 25 & over must visit their local police station to obtain a Police Vulnerable Sector Check. Be sure to allow at least 3-4 weeks for processing; there will be longer processing times as the summer peak season approaches, or if they require a finger-print check.
- Peterborough Police Service – for current residents of Peterborough, Lakefield or The Township of Cavan Monaghan. Click here to submit your application online
- Toronto Police Service – for those who live in the City of Toronto
- Ontario Provincial Police – if you live in OPP jurisdiction
We recommend that all staff upgrade their skills on a regular basis, and we are happy to assist potential staff in finding the right courses. Here is a partial list of companies that have qualified staff in the past.
- Ontario Camping Association (OCA) -> Job Interview Preparation
- Canadian Red Cross
- Challenges Unlimited
- Lifesaving Society
- Trent University – Aquatics
- Ontario Recreational Canoeing and Kayaking Association (ORCKA)
Forms are in PDF format and require the free Acrobat Reader to open and print. If your computer does not already have Acrobat Reader, click the “Get Adobe Reader” button. If you are unable to print any of the forms, we will gladly fax or mail them out to you upon request.