Camp Kawartha is an award-winning, not-for-profit charitable organization, dedicated to the promotion of the highest standard of programming, with a particular focus on outdoor environmental awareness, education and stewardship. We offer Summer Camp programs for children ages 5-17, curriculum-linked outdoor education & environmental education programs for grades 1-12, and facility rentals to a wide variety of user group. Thank you for your interest in working for Camp Kawartha. From time to time, we will advertise opportunities for employment on this page.
Current Job Postings
Please refer to the specific job posting for required qualifications and application instructions. All applications must included a cover letter identifying the position you are applying for, along with a resume.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in working at Camp Kawartha, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Police Vulnerable Sector Checks
For applicants seeking employment and/or to volunteer with vulnerable persons. This check is a collection of offence information, including convictions, non-convictions and other relevant police contact information, including pardoned sex offences and mental health contacts.
All staff and volunteers must have a current & clear Criminal Record & Vulnerable Sector Check.Visit your local police station before beginning employment to obtain a Police Vulnerable Sector Check. Be sure to allow at least 3-4 weeks for processing; there will be longer processing times during peak seasons (summer), or if they require a finger-print check.
- Peterborough Police Service – for current residents of Peterborough, Lakefield or The Township of Cavan Monaghan – Click here to submit your application online
- Toronto Police Service – for those who live in the City of Toronto
- Ontario Provincial Police – if you live in OPP jurisdiction
MyBackCheck – may be used to obtain a record check for staff & volunteers ages 18-24 as directed by our insurance company.
- Customer Service Standard (mandatory training for all staff)
- This module covers the requirements for providing customer service in ways that are accessible to people with disabilities
- Ontario Human Rights Code (mandatory training for all staff)
- Learn about your rights and responsibilities under the Code and the AODA and how they affect you at work, in services and in housing.
- Health & Safety Awareness Training for Workers & Supervisors (mandatory training for all staff)
- Standard First Aid & CPR Training – Canadian Red Cross, Lifesaving Society (recommended training for all staff)
- Food Handler Course
GoodWork is Canada’s environmental job site, connecting environmentally friendly job seekers, organizations and companies since 2001.